March 27 – April 1st 2017
The Integris Directors Election will commence on Monday March 27, 2017 and end on Saturday April 1, 2017. We encourage all members in good standing to vote in the election – as your vote determines the future of your credit union! Please note the date and participate in this years’ election.
2017 Election Candidates
Read through the biographies below and vote for four of your preferred nominees during the voting period. The four candidates with the highest number of votes will be elected to the Integris Board of Directors.
Instructions for Directors Election – 2017 Guidelines
1. Board of Directors Election voting will take place in the following ways only:
a. The election of Directors shall be conducted by voting online or in person at any of our seven Branch Locations. Voting will commence on Monday March 27, 2017 and end on Saturday April 1, 2017.
b. Members wishing to vote by mail must submit a written request. This request must be received at Corporate Office, 1598 – 6th Avenue, Prince George, BC V2L 5B5 by Friday, March 17, 2017. Mail-in ballots must be returned by mail or delivered to the Returning Officer at 1598 – 6th Avenue, Prince George, BC V2L 5B5 by Friday March 31st, 2017. Ballots received after this date will be void.
2. Each member in good standing must vote for four candidates. Any ballots which contain a vote with more or less than four candidates will be invalid.
3. For the purpose of this vote, the membership list was closed as of December 27, 2016. Any person/s becoming a member of the Credit Union after that date is not eligible to vote.
4. Members can only vote once in the Board of Directors Election.
5. Members in good standing who were members of the Credit Union as of December 27, 2016 are entitled to vote with the following exceptions:
a. Junior members (person under 19 years of age) are not entitled to vote.
b. Unincorporated organizations, associations or societies are not entitled to vote.
6. In a joint membership: both the Primary Member & Secondary Member/s may vote providing there is sufficient Membership Equity Shares to cover all individuals on the account and providing they are a member in good standing.
7. A corporate member may authorize a person who is not a member of the Credit Union to vote on their behalf. A corporate member is one which has been incorporated or registered under the Company, Cooperative Association, Society, Business Corporations Acts or other statue creating the Company as a legal entity. The authorized person must present written authority at the time of voting and the appropriate information on the Authentication must be completed. At least one signing authority on the account must sign the form. *Designation of Representative letters are available at all branches.
A Member in good standing is someone who:
a. has purchased, fully paid for and holds a condition of membership – five (5) Membership Equity Shares for personal memberships or
b. has purchased, fully paid for and holds a condition of membership – twenty-five (25) Equity Shares for Corporate memberships
c. is not more than ninety (90) days delinquent in any obligation to the Credit Union.
All members in good standing are automatically registered to vote in the election.
If you have any questions about serving as a board member, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact one of our Nominations and Elections Committee members directly:
email@example.com | Phone: 250.991.0390
firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 250.964.8391
email@example.com | Phone: 250.459.2626
This article was originally published on January 15, 2017