Critical Illness Insurance
What is Critical Illness Insurance?
Critical illness insurance is a policy that pays you a lump sum of cash if you are diagnosed with a heart attack, a stroke or cancer.
A stress-free environment is an important part of critical illness recovery. Investing in a critical illness insurance policy can free you from financial worry – and also pay for your medical bills.
What are the benefits of having critical illness coverage?
- Return of premium – If you do not claim a critical illness you can request a return of premium as long as you have fulfilled the minimum time period specified within the policy
- Return of premium on death (optional) – Your premiums are returned to your estate
- Term critical illness – a policy can be purchased as a term, generally around 10 years
- Permanent critical illness – the premiums do not change and the coverage does not expire unless requested by the member/client
- Second event (optional) – If there is a second critical illness, you receive 5% of the policy benefit over and above the base benefit
- Waiver of premium (optional) – the premium is waived if you are disabled
Our Integris Financial Planning office can help you with all your critical illness coverage needs. Speak with a Financial Planning Representative today or book an appointment.
For more information please view this guide to disability insurance.