There are many different registered plans available now days to everyone, and there are also those plans that are limited to specific individuals. These plans include savings for education, retirement, disability, and more.
Most of the requirements for registered products include being a Canadian Citizen and having a social insurance number, while others include being over or under a certain age, or having an eligible disability.
There are many benefits to having a registered plan, most include a tax benefit.
- RESP – a registered education savings plan can help you save for school and also provide additional funding through government grants.
- RDSP – a registered disability savings plan can assist a person with a disability save for the future. There are many grants and bonds available to assist with long-term savings goals.
- RRSP – a registered retirement savings plan can help you save for retirement while giving you a tax-deferred benefit.
- TFSA – a tax-free savings account (probably the most popular of all the plans) will allow you to save for the future – car, vacation, house, or just general savings – all with a tax-free benefit.
- RRIF – a registered retirement income fund will generate income and is a great retirement income option after retirement.
There are many different registered plans to choose from and all have different investment opportunities. One of our Financial Planners will assist you in determining which plan is best for you, and also help determine which investment opportunities will be best.
Speak with your Financial Planning Representative today, or book an appointment for more details on registered plans.
Securities are offered through Qtrade Advisor, a division of Qtrade Securities Inc., Member of the Canadian Investor Protection Fund.